|: Moderate to Difficult
|: 11 Nights/12 Days
|: 3800 meters
|: Overland Tours
|: Lodge Trekking
Jomsom, also known as the village beyond the Himalaya, is a beloved destination in Nepal’s Himalayan region. Situated at an altitude of 2800m in Mustang, the village, historically named Dzongsam or the New Fort, is rich in cultural significance.
Located on both banks of the Kali Gandaki River, Jomsom is renowned for rare rocks called Shaligram, considered holy by Hindus. The towering peaks of Dhaulagiri and Nilgiri provide a stunning backdrop, enhancing the village’s extraordinary beauty.
A trail leads through Lower Mustang to Kagbeni, a Tibetan-influenced village showcasing strong Buddhist dedications with prayer wheels and monasteries. Following the Kali Gandaki River, the trail offers breathtaking views of the world’s deepest ravine, the Annapurna mountain range, and Dhaulagiri. Eight of the world’s 20 highest mountains are visible from this trail. The Kali Gandaki, a wide river bed during winter, transforms into a flowing river during summer and monsoon, offering diverse scenery from rhododendron forests to rocky cliffs and desert landscapes. The trail reflects a rich blend of Hindu and Tibetan Buddhist cultures, reaching its highest point at Muktinath (3800m), a sacred site for both Buddhists and Hindus.
Introducing a new itinerary, “Jomsom to Muktinath on wheels,” the journey starts in Pokhara, the base for the Jomsom and Muktinath destination. The road connecting Jomsom to Beni and Pokhara, though rough and unpaved, offers an exciting adventure. Driving through narrow gorges, the journey includes an overnight stay at Tatopani, known for its natural hot spring pool believed to prevent skin diseases. Accommodation is provided in a local tea house.
Continuing the journey to Gaza and Marpha, an ancient Himalayan village famous for apple farming, the route offers stunning views of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna. By 3 o’clock, Jomsom is reached, providing a panoramic overview of Pokhara valley and the remote mountain deserts. The serene Himalayan view is an invaluable highlight of this trip.
Meet, assist upon arrival at Kathmandu airport by our representative and escort to the Hotel. Rest of the day will remain at leisure. The overnight stay will be at the hotel in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis.
In the morning we proceed for sightseeing tour of Kathmandu city & Swoyambhunath stupa. In the evening we shall proceed for sightseeing tour to Pashupatinath temple, the holiest pilgrimage for all the Hindu devotees & Boudhnath stupa, the ancient Stupa which is one of the largest in the world. The overnight stay will be at the hotel in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis.
In the morning we drive to Changunarayan and walk up to Telkot. Pick-up from Telkot and drive further to Nagarkot. Check-in at the hotel in Nagarkot and after having an ample rest; browse around the area and in the evening witness the sunset view from the hotel premises. The overnight stay will be at the hotel in Nagarkot on bed and breakfast basis.
Witness the sunrise view from the hotel premises and later drive back to Kathmandu. Visit to Bhaktapur city on the way. The rest of the day will be at leisure to pack up for the round trip starting from the next day. The overnight stay will be at the hotel in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis.
In the morning we transfer to the domestic airport to connect the flight to Pokhara. Upon arrival in Pokhara, transfer to the hotel. PM: Proceed for sightseeing tour to David’s fall, Tibetan settlements, Bindebasini temple, local market, etc. Overnight stay will be at the hotel in Pokhara on bed and breakfast basis.
Early morning we pick-up by SUV to commence on jeep trek and to drive to Tatopani via gravel road. Overnight at best available Tea House in Tatopani on full board basis.
We now drive to Jomsom. Overnight stay will be at Jomsom at Mt. Resort on full board basis.
Drive to Muktinath and back to Jomsom. The overnight stay will be at Jomsom Mt. Resort on full board basis.
Transfer to the airport in Jomsom to connect the flight to Pokhara. Receive upon arrival in Pokhara and drive straight to temple Tiger in Chitwan. Overnight stay will be at Temple Tiger in Chitwan on full board basis.
At Temple Tiger, participating in various jungle activities. Overnight stay will be at Temple Tiger in Chitwan on full board basis.
Drive back to Kathmandu. Overnight stay will be at the hotel in Kathmandu on Bed & Breakfast basis.
Free till departure and later, transfer to the International airport to connect the flight to onward destination.
• 4 nights twin sharing accommodation at either Hotel Soaltee Crowne Plaza www.soaltee.crowneplaza.com OR Hyatt Regency www.kathmandu.regency.hyatt.com in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis.
• 1 night twin sharing accommodation at Club Himalaya Resort www.nepalshotel.com in Nagarkot on bed and breakfast basis.
• 1 night twin sharing accommodation at Shangrila Village Resort www.hotelshangrila.com in Pokhara on bed and breakfast basis.
• 1 night twin sharing accommodation at the best available Lodge at Tatopani on full board basis.
• 2 nights twin sharing accommodation at Jomsom Mountain Resort in Jomsom on full board Basis.
• 3 nights and 4 days jeep trek from Pokhara to Muktinath as per the above itinerary using either Toyota Mitsubishi or Nissan SUVs and accommodating maximum of 4 persons in a SUV.
• Prevailing government tax and the Annapurna Conservation fee.
• 2 nights Twin sharing accommodation at Temple Tiger Jungle Lodge www.templetigernepal.com in Chitwan on full board basis (includes breakfast, lunch and dinner only) along with all the jungle activities.
• All the surface transfers and the sightseeing tours as specified in the above itinerary with A/C vehicle.
• Entrance fees to the monuments during the sightseeing tours in Kathmandu valley.
• English speaking local guide will Escort throughout the entire tour.
• One way airfare from Kathmandu to Pokhara.
• One way airfare for Jomsom to Pokhara
• One Nepali dinner at typical Nepalese restaurant.
• Any international airfares, Airport tax, Visa fees etc.
• Expenses on alcoholic /non-alcoholic beverage. Camera fees, telephone & laundry bills.
• Any kind of insurances and any extra cost arise during the trip due to the natural calamities.
• Political disorder or due to any reason which is beyond the reach of Venture Travel.
• Any other services which are not specified in the COST INCLUDES section above.
Copyright © 2024 All Rights Reserved Venture Travels.